TCNJ Students from any major can now be added to the “Health Professions Student Group,” enabling these students to receive email notices of events, webinars, and other opportunities and information (to which we have access) from the Medical Careers Advisory Committee related to careers in the health professions.
This group affiliation will be noted in PAWS, so that your advisor can see it as well.
However, please note the following:
- It does not provide automatic preferential treatment for enrollment in any courses which might be outside of their degree requirements, yet recommended or required for future health professions study
- It does not negate the need for individual advisement by the student’s advisor
- It does not guarantee successful application or admission to a health professions graduate study program
- It cannot alone provide all resources, deadlines and information required for a given student’s pathway to further study for a health profession. Each student must also investigate such information and opportunities on his/her own.
Students in the following Schools should contact the following people to be added to the list:
- Engineering: Assistant Dean Martha Stella (email@example.com)
- Humanities and Social Sciences: Dr. Betsy Ruddy, Psychology (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Nursing, Health & Exercise Science: Dr. Brenda Seals, Public Health (email@example.com)
- Science: Ms. Helen Kull, MCAC Staff (firstname.lastname@example.org)
If you are not in any of the schools listed above, please contact Helen Kull at email@example.com directly.